Saturday, November 24, 2018

Lib Dems preparing for an early general election


I go away for a couple of days and what happens?

Business Insider said yesterday:
The Liberal Democrats have told party activists to prepare for a snap general election in the next few months in the belief that Theresa May could be forced to go back to the country when her Brexit deal is voted down by MPs. 
In an email sent to party members on Friday morning and leaked to Business Insider, Lib Dem authorities say they have produced a "Flying Start Kit" for members to ensure they are prepared for a potential general election campaign. 
"The Tory Government has got itself into a terrible mess, as a party we have to prepare for every eventuality," a senior Lib Dem source told Business Insider.
Sure enough, that email was in my inbox. And isn't impressive how Business Insider's sources are always senior?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I like you, Jonathan, but I find it sad that you seem to share with other present-day "liberals" an inability to tolerate opnions you disagree with - judging from your deletion of my critical comment about this post.

I find it very difficult to understand why anyone - and particularly a liberal - would invite comments, but delete comments you disagree with.

Jonathan Calder said...

I deleted your comment because it was sarcastic and attributed to me a view that I do not hold.

As I explained the other day, I am becoming increasingly inclined to delete anonymous comments.

It's not about my inability to tolerate other views: it is about keeping this blog a pleasant place to visit.