Wednesday, July 19, 2017

Lord Bonkers' Diary: A glimpse of Theresa May's girlhood

Lord Bonkers tells me he no longer shows Belted George Galloways - "Not a reliable breed."

Saturday

Years ago I spoke with a red-faced farmer at some county show or other – I must have been there with my Belted George Galloways. He complained to me that the local vicar’s daughter was in the habit of running through his wheat fields and doing awful damage.

I now realise that the obnoxious child must have been Theresa May. For the farmer said to me: “I wouldn’t mind, but she keeps changing direction.”

Lord Bonkers was Liberal MP for Rutland South-West 1906-10.

Previously in Lord Bonkers' Diary...

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Did you stop your Galloways snorting obnoxious comments or was this part of their charms!!!????